Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Don't let success slow you down

On Friday of last week, I had a little success.

A good call with a prospective client. A 99% likelihood that I'll get the contract. A set of next steps for moving forward. A timeline in place for responding.

Parallel to that, I have (this week) a small job for a colleague-friend.

With pressure reduced and given some breathing room, what do I do? I took a day off on Monday. No blog post! 8-O (But I did get in a good 15-mile bike ride.)

Such a choice can be perfectly fine. But I know myself. I know that when I get off track, I have to work doubly hard to get back on track.

So I'm back here, blogging, admitting my weakness, and hauling myself back onto the rails.

The good news? Last week, I also mapped out THIS week's goals, so I have a road map for the week. I'm not starting from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment